Database Command

Hi All,

Using Insert/update/Delete statement I am trying to add new column in excel.

ALTER TABLE [Bank Statement$] DROP COLUMN [ERP].

Can someone please help me solve this issue.

Thank in advance

Comments

• edited January 2020

Hi Bhavanishakar,

Just looked into this issue on my end. From what I can see so far, no metabot exists for this - although it might be possible to create one so you have a building block for whenever you'd want to add a new column.

Another option, and what I would personally suggest, would be to use keystrokes to create a new column in Excel. To create a new column, insert ** [SHIFT DOWN][CTRL DOWN]+[CTRL UP][SHIFT UP] ** into a keystroke command. Then make another keystroke command on the line below as a pop-up will appear in Excel asking for next steps. Insert ** c[ENTER]** and this will create a new column (you can also create a new row this way by replacing the 'c' with a 'r' in the last command).

I hope you found this helpful, let me know if you are still having issues.

Also, in the Extra Technology training workshops we cover several Excel exercises including the vast dynamic approaches you could take with the Set/Get Cell features. If you automate with Automation Anywhere regularly then I would highly recommend our workshops.

• @Bhavanishankar said:
    Hi All,

Using Insert/update/Delete statement I am trying to add new column in excel.

ALTER TABLE [Bank Statement$] DROP COLUMN [ERP].

Can someone please help me solve this issue.

Thank in advance

Hi Bhavanishankar

What exactly are you trying to do here please?

An ALTER TABLE statement suggests to me you are trying to use DML ( Data Manipulation Language ) to modify a table in a SQL Database.

If you are using EXCEL as a 'database', William is correct in that if you are trying to add a column in excel either use SMART recorder or keystrokes to do so.

You cannot use DML in AA DB SQL functions.

If you wanted to do DML on the fly, you would need to script it in an SQL file and use pipe it to ISQL to generate a column.

Maybe if you come back with a bit more info with some context of what you are trying to do we can suggest a better option.

Kind regards

Damian